There are days I don’t feel like working out. Just like everyone else there are days I want to sit on my couch and watch TV, and there are some days I do just that! Today I will talk about some ways I motivate myself to get to get active. Whether that be going to the gym, taking my dogs for a walk or just walking on my Bowflex Treadclimer.
- Rewarding yourself with a smoothie or some treat after with some TV time
- Getting a workout buddy who pushes you to go to the gym
- Sign up for classes that you can’t back out of
- Do it for the pictures (cheesy but it works)
- Think about how much stronger, leaner you’re getting or whatever your goal may be
- Listen to that voice in your head, you can do it
- Stop telling yourself “I’ll start on Monday”
- And last but most definitely not least, REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED!
I like to eat, so working out gives me the balance I need. Almost every time I skip a workout I regret it. That after workout feeling is like no other, you never leave the gym saying to yourself “that workout sucked, I should have skipped.” If I had a loonie for every time I told myself I was going to start on Monday, I could retire at the young age of 23. Start now! Time doesn’t wait for you. So there are some ways I motivate myself to get active, you’ll never feel bad after having a good sweat session!